Monday, June 25, 2012

The Academy is Back in Print


The Academy is now back in print, and available as an e-book, thanks to the marvelous Circlet Press. Book Four continues the Marketplace saga, and gives readers a sense of The Marketplace's truly international reach.

“ In this volume, Antoniou, with a little help from her friends, creates a sort of Arabian Nights of the Marketplace, with individual stories woven into a larger tale full of political intrigue, difficult choices, and of course, searingly hot sex. There’s nothing else like this is in the world of erotic writing." -- Lori Selke

A little help from my friends, indeed! The Academy is different from my other Marketplace novels, because I've embedded short stories within the novel, to give distinctly different voices to the trainers who tell each other their stories. The trainers are voiced by guest authors Karen Taylor, Cecilia Tan, Michael Hernandez, david stein, and M. Christian

The lovely book  cover, created by my friend and cover artist Lochai Stine,  lets you know that this novel takes place in Japan, where a conclave of slave trainers are meeting, including Chris Parker, the lead character of the series. While the trainers swap cautionary tales and debate, moves are being made that may change the Marketplace, and even Chris' role within it. For an excerpt from the "The Academy," click here.

My long-time fans know that one of the "added benefits" of buying a new e-book edition of my books is that I add a new short story to the new e-book editions.   I've continued that tradition here, with a fun story called "Inside Straight" that features a young trainee off in search of an appropriate playdate for his Trainer.  (By the way, I also release the short stories from the previous e-book releases, so they're available for separate download - you can find them at the Circlet website, as well as through your favorite e-book sellers.)

I will have copies of the new edition, along with the first three books, at my upcoming readings, beginning in New York City at the Ravenous Reading: Gay Pride Edition, on Friday, July 6th. The monthly Ravenous Readings take  place the first Friday of each month at the Happy Endings Lounge on the Lower East Side. The reading begins at 8:00 and is free. Ravenous Romance is one of my publishers – check them out, and come to the reading!

I'll be headed West after that, to Denver, Austin, and the wilds of New Jersey.  Check out my calendar at the top of the page to see where I'll be.  And if I'm not getting to your part of the world soon enough, why not bring me there? Check out my "Hire Laura" page for details.

No comments: