Saturday, November 20, 2010

Waking up at the Armory

Staying here is a surreal experience; between the extravagance of the Upper Floor rooms and the specialty sets on the different floors, it's like walking into an unfinished novel, with characters flitting in and out of the doors. "Hi!" says a cute girl, standing next to me. "I'm on your book!"

Hell, she's practically on my lap! To which I have no objection, except that many of the women at the party are wearing nothing or close to nothing, while  am head to foot clothed and still shivering. I suppose this helps with keeping nipples hard, but still.

Last time I was here, I consulted on the formation of The Upper Floor, Peter Ackworth's ambitious attempt at providing a domain dedicated to dominance/submission/service & slavery, with a neo-Edwardian flavor. There was one almost finished room and a half-plan for both construction and development of the concept. Since then, the space has expanded to several luxuriously equipped and furnished rooms, a cast of dozens, and still more ambitious plans to expand coverage of some of the storylines to 24/7, with talent living on the premises in special slave quarters.

Yeah, you know this appeals to me.

What you might not know is that the new covers for the Marketplace  books are all being shot here, on the Upper Floor. Madison Young, performer, artist, gallery owner, teacher and talent wrangler, (and soon to be Mommy) has gotten some wonderful people together to get dressed up - or undressed, as the case may be, and pose as characters in my books. Seriously, how cool is that?? Famed bondage rigger Lochai has been taking the shots styled by Madison and for once, it's a gang of perverts actually making a product for our community. I am honored by their participation and energized by the synergy we create. Next up, we plan the covers for The Trainer and The Academy.

So that's why Madison planned last nights party, and that was how the talented Chloe and Wolf wound up recreating the infamous Sharon & Jack scene from The Marketplace. Complete with hay bales, thank you very much! It was just amazing to watch people enact something I'd written. Now I understand the attraction to writing scripts. Whew! Hot stuff.

Afterward, I answered some questions from the chat room opened during the shoot and live stream, and signed some books. Today I am meeting with the publisher of Sizzler e-books, where my collection of gay male smut, Shop Stud, is being distributed. Later on tonight, I will be at the Femina Potens Gallery, reading The Man With the Phoenix Tattoo, my new Chris Parker story - and I will have books to sell as well.

1 comment:

Madeline Elayne said...

How fun! I'm jealous of you and of everyone who gets to hear the story tongiht, thanks a lot! ;) Hope the rest of your tour goes well!