Monday, April 25, 2011

Kinko De Mayo, Here I Come!

My second trip to Ohio this year takes me to Cleveland, where Ohio S.M.A.R.T. puts together a weekend fiesta full of great times, two nights of hot extreme dungeon play, shopping and mucho mucho more.

Yep, I'll be at Kinko De Mayo, taking place May 6-8, teaching two of my classes that address structures for SM relationships:

The Way of It: Establishing and Maintaining Protocol Within Relationships

The number one reason given for dissatisfaction in an ongoing formal SM relationship is not because the top can't tie a knot or the bottom.  It's lack of consistency. What's one tool in a top's mental toy bag to keep this from happening? Establishing and maintaining a protocol of behavior. I'll give an introduction -- and my personal views -- on issues of etiquette, protocol, and their place within personal relationships and our community.

Have a Cookie! Using Rewards in your SM Relationships

Establishing and enforcing a system of rewards and punishments can strengthen a relationship dynamic based in dominance and submission. Learn to identify methods of praising and rewarding each other that are personal and reinforce the values you have set for your relationships. Drawing from personal experience and longtime observations, I'll discuss the difference between rewards and praise, the importance of consistency and balance, and how to make a little go a long way.

This will be the last time I travel to the Midwest this year, but my summer appearances include some big conference events - Thunder in the Mountains, The Floating World, and the 40th anniversary of TESFest. I will have books available at all of these events, and I hope to see you there.

No comments: