Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Another day, another book

Finished The Kill Artist last night and ordered the next book in the series from Paperbackswap. I liked it just fine, and if the author stays at that level in future books, maybe the Kellermans will have to share shelf space with another prolific name.

Started Along Came A Spider. I got this one because it keeps popping up on my Amazon recommendations. So far, I am liking this one, too. Could it be I have found two new authors with vast numbers of books for me to devour? Oh, joy!

I am liking this one because (in addition to good writing style) the story goes back and forth between the crime investigator and the serial killer/kidnapper. This is a style I especially enjoy because I am a sicfuk - I like the POV of the evil characters. The master of the genre for me is Thomas Harris, (The Silence of the Lambs (Hannibal Lector), et. al.) although Jonathon Kellerman portrays an awesomely fk'd up killer in The Butcher's Theater.

The Butcher's Theater also takes place in Israel, which is a bonus for me. A serial killer in NY or LA is trite. Patterson places Spider in DC - OK, I haven't read too many books which take place in DC. It's foreign enough for a while.

2 comments:

etechnocraft said...

You need to have time to take care of the active. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you.
Chatville
Youtube.com/Activate
Groovy Bot
Fast People Search
Sportsurge

etechnocraft said...

I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work
One Line Shayari
Good Night Shayari
Friendship Shayari