Monday, January 12, 2009

Oh, and I am reading this now

Vulcan's Heart (Star Trek)

I like Vulcan's Forge, yesterday's book, for a number of reasons. First of all, the writing team is one I appreciate; I like their style with story telling and dialog. I also like stories about Vulcans and Romulans, and this book had 'em. Plus, an engaging Jewish starfleet officer. Star Trek and Jews, together at last, right? All they needed was a gay couple and I'd be in heaven. Oh, well. At least this book puts Uhura in the command chair (and she fits just fine) and let's McCoy go on and on about famous racehorses. McCoy monologues, when well written, are always fun.

And remember, these are re-reads. I am preparing myself to read the book I got via Paperback Swap, Vulcan's Soul Trilogy Book One: Exodus (v. 1)

It is somewhat annoying to me that I see it is part one of a series and I don't have the others yet. Ah, well.

No comments: